Friday, April 28, 2006

Maritime - Flameshovel Goodness

Maritime's new album, We, the Vehicles, is my newest Flameshovel obsession. Been listening to this album on repeat today.

Flameshovel has been kickin' ass recently. The Bound Stems EP, The Logic of Building the Body Plan, is great and has been keeping me busy until their full length, Appreciation Night, is released on September 5th. Download their WOXY Lounge Act performance as an mp3. Wish I was able to see them when they were here recently. I hear that the new Lying In States album is also worth checking out. I've already mentioned how I dig The End of the World, The Narrator, and Chin Up Chin Up (now on Suicide Squeeze).

Unfortunately, Maritime might not be coming to NYC for a while. Their website says that they will be touring the Midwest with Bound Stems soon and then a US tour this fall.

1 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this album as well. Its clear blue vinyl grooves have been well worn already. I'll have to check out the rest of Flameshovel's catalog. Do you happen to know why this album wasn't released by DeSoto?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home