Thursday, April 27, 2006

Metal Hearts - WOXY Lounge Act

Metal Hearts' debut album, Socialize, is one of my favorite albums of 2006 so far. I haven't been able to catch them live yet and unfortunately I've heard mixed reviews of their live show. They did a WOXY lounge act today and damn, they sounded great. They played Foothills, Vampire Song, Gentleman's Spell, and Socialize. Actually didn't listen to the performance live, but those WOXY folks have been on the ball recently and it's already available for download as an mp3. Maybe I will finally get a chance to see them at Knitting Factory on 5/23.

You can listen to the album versions of Gentleman's Spell and Socialize at their Myspace. They also have a video for Foothills on YouTube. I like the animated sketches of the band playing. Reminds me of the famous Take On Me video, which is probably intentional.

2 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger jerry yeti said...

I didnt like Socialize very much, but thought they were better live.

 
At 10/25/2006 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They played to a very small crowd at Spaceland last night and I was duly impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home