Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mussels / Aeroplane Pageant

Seems like the new question nowadays is "Who is the next Wolf Parade?" Around CMJ last fall, the question was "Who is the next Arcade Fire?", but recently I keep seeing "sounds like Wolf Parade" being used to describe the latest buzz bands.

So I finally got to see Aeroplane Pageant this weekend after about a half dozen unsuccessful attempts. They played mostly songs from their full length which should be out soon. I can't wait to get my hands on it. These guys are really on to something and have a sound that is perfect for the current musical climate. I have a feeling that they are going to make a lot of noise this year at CMJ. If you are diggin Voxtrot you need to check these guys out.

Mussels. wow. They played before Aeroplane Pageant and wow. Here it comes - They sound like Wolf Parade mixed with Built to Spill. I shit you not. I bought their Night Lights EP and it is all that I have been listening to this week. Why doesn't anyone else seem to know about this band???

They don't have any upcoming shows listed on their website as of this post. Where ever they do play next, I will be there. Do yourself a favor and go buy their EP at Insound.

Reminder: Aeroplane Pageant are playing tomorrow night at The Annex at 8:45. Previously, they had the date listed as the 17th, but now it says the 18th on their website and myspace. Here's the full lineup and set times for tomorrow night:

8:00 - The Isles
8:45 - Aeroplane Pageant
9:45 - Stylofone
10:30 - Levy
11:15 - Sound Team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home