Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mercury Lounge - Tues 6-27-06 / Documentaries

Since I have just recently acquired free tix to this fantastic "showcase" (?), I feel it's only right to give it a post. Here's the lineup:

- 10:30 -
THE GRATES
- 9:30 -
THE LOVELY FEATHERS
- 8:30 -
TOKYO POLICE CLUB
- 7:30 -
PERSEPHONES BEES


The Grates (Myspace) are headlining and I've heard great things. Seem like they were a highlight at this years SXSW fest. And as for Tokyo Police Club, I was already considering going to this show (before acquiring tix) because this band was on the bill. I hear they are great too. Not familiar with the other two bands, but I may have heard great things about them too, perhaps, and just don't remember.

I was going to go see The Big Buy Tuesday night, but the plan has changed. Speaking of interesting documentaries, looking forward to catching Who Killed The Electric Car? Still haven't seen An Inconvenient Truth, but I'll get around to seeing it soon. And while we are on the subject, here's a list of other docs that I consider required viewing:

1) The Corporation (BUY IT!)
2) Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism
3) Fahrenheit 9/11
4) Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
5) Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home