Wednesday, November 01, 2006

CMJ 2006 - Day 1

Some quick thoughts before I head out again:

The Muggabears @ Midway - Awesome. Only 4 songs, but yeah, Awesome. First time seeing them!

After that, stayed at Pianos the rest of the night.

Monsters are Waiting - Can you say Blonde Redhead? Very talented musicians, powerful songs, great visuals, but not really my cup of tea. Enjoyable nonetheless.

Birdmonster - Tea was consumed. Best live act of 2006? Maybe? Pretty close. Up there with Man Man, Beruit, others. Along with Bound Stems - make them a CMJ priority. In attendance: Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Steve Perry, and Animal from the Muppets. Just wait till you see the pics!

Irving - Kind of like Takka Takka playing after Femme Generation, if you know what I'm saying.

This is the point where I should have called it a night. Glad I didn't.

Ra Ra Riot - More tea was consumed. Bit of an Arcade Fire vibe. They are young and will only get better and better. Good long fun set.

Forget Cassettes - Must be getting expensive for Pianos to keep rebuilding their venue each time these guys completely destroy it. Another band that should be a CMJ priority. Looking forward to what will hopefully be a longer set at the Theory 8 showcase.

Took lots and lots of pics last night. Eventually they will be posted. Be patient.

Tonight's sure thing - The Plot @ Knitting Factory. 2nd to last NYC show ever! I'll see you there. Hopefully I can get into Merc afterwards for Girl Talk. Go see The Oranges Band @ Fontanas too.

Off to the Fader House!!!

3 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Prince and Springsteen??!? FU*!!! I knew I should have gone to this show. Dammit.

Definitely hitting the Theory 8 show after Merge on Friday.

 
At 11/02/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Ignore me, I'm an idiot. Forgot the whole Halloween thing.

 
At 11/03/2006 3:35 AM, Blogger Battering Room said...

Gotchya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home