Monday, January 22, 2007

Free Blood / Myth Takes


Of the three bands playing the last ever show at Northsix, the one that I am most interested in is the !!! side project Free Blood. So far, only heard the two songs on their Myspace (which is where I got the pics. lots more of them there), but that's all that it took to get me excited. Currently, the final Northsix show (on Wed Jan 31 w/ Radio 4, The Big Sleep) is the only upcoming show listed at their Myspace. This is a band that I would love to check out at Glasslands. Someone make it happen.



Speaking of !!!, I finally got my hands on a copy of Myth Takes and have been listening to it and dancing around like a fool ever since. I think it's better than Louden Up Now, which grew on me. This I liked right away on first listen. It's good to hear the band playing to their strengths, experimenting but not taking it to far, and keeping it dancey. If you haven't heard Heart of Hearts yet, check it out at their Myspace.

I'm patiently waiting for the possible announcement of a last minute hometown warm up show before they leave in a few weeks to go dominate the world and don't return until May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home