Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Film & TV Thoughts - Tues July 10

Have you seen the trailer for There Will Be Blood yet? I cannot wait to see this movie. One of, if not thee, best directors of our generation and one of, if not thee, best actors of our generation. Hype!



I finally got around to watching The Good Shepard, and I gotta say that it is one of the best movies that I have seen in recent memory. I didn't even mind how long it was because I was wrapped up in the story the entire time. I've heard complaints from people who say that the story jumps around too much and that it's hard to follow, but I thought that the flashbacks were very interesting (especially the Skulls stuff) and were handled well and I had no problem keeping up with the main story line. I do agree with the critics who said that they could have increased the budget for the makeup department. I saw the twist coming, but it was still incredibly suspenseful and the ending was perfect. Most of all, I thought that the casting was impeccable, so naturally the acting was exceptionally strong. And of course, the history behind the creation of the CIA was also quite intriguing. Two thumbs way up.



Also due to my fascination with all things Spy, I have checked out a little bit of Burn Notice and it is just not a very good show at all. The only redeeming factor is the involvement of Mr. Campbell. As always, he rules. Bubba Ho-Tep!



I tried to stay wake as long as possible last night to watch The Bronx Is Burning, but I ended up falling asleep about halfway through. Good thing you can now watch the entire episode at the website. Everything that I saw before passing out looked great and Jason Giambi as the cabbie was hysterical. I'll probably try to watch the entire series. I especially liked Loren Dean as Fran Healy, considering I'm a HUGE Mumford Files fan.

I am officially hooked on Rescue Me. That is all.

I don't even know what to think of this whole 1-18-08 business. The NYC disaster scenes are kind of been there done that. If the "parasite" ends up being a smoke monster I'm gonna puke. Stereogum has some more info.

Finally, head over to Productshop for some Knocked Up deleted scenes.

4 Comments:

At 7/10/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

im not sure what to think of this...

http://www.stereogum.com/okx/

 
At 7/10/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh dude it's Chris...from AP i couldnt find your email address anywhere...the 10 year OK COmputer thing on stereogum....its unrelated to this post but i wanted to get your thoughts

 
At 7/10/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, saw episode 2 of Burn Notice and it was pretty awful. But damn is whatsherface hot for a 40-year-old.

 
At 7/10/2007 5:18 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Gabrielle Anwar and 37, but close enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home