Saturday, April 15, 2006

Nada Surf Acoustic

I've seen Nada Surf live 4 times now, 2 standard shows and 2 acoustic. Their standard rock shows are excellent, no question, but I personally enjoyed their acoustic shows much more. Seeing them play songs from the new album acoustic at Sound Fix last year stands out in my mind as one of the better shows I saw all last year. Therefore, I highly recommend this show:

Wednesday, May 10, 2005 - Mercury Lounge

- 10:30 -
NADA SURF (Acoustic)
- 9:30 -
DANGARU
- 8:30 -
TRUE LOVE
- 7:30 -
WANDERBUND

So far, there aren't advanced tix for this show. I have a feeling that will change. I've never heard of the other bands playing before them, are they good? Phoenix are playing the same night at Bowery so I might end up doing that instead.

Update: Tix are $10 and are on sale. They are also playing this benefit at Knitting Factory on Tues 5/2:

GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE PRESENTS The AIDS/Lifecycle Benefit Concert featuring live music from Matthew and Ira from Nada Surf (Acoustic), PLUS The Anabolics, The Border Cops, The Browns, The Dave Diedrich Band, Dirty Dick, Drag Citizen, The Grand Old Party, James Wolfe, Live Perl, The Muscatels, Shattered NYC, Tornado Big Man and True Love

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree..their acoustic show is amazing! Will definitely be going to Merc that night! Thanks..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home