Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hockey Night - Ummm Pavement?

Just finally got around to checking out Hockey Night's Keep Guessin'. I think it's great. But the first thing I thought, and I'm sure this is quite common, was - Wow, these guys are a Pavement cover band. But then I thought, Who cares? Someone needs to carry the torch. If you can't hear new Pavement songs, then why not real good songs that sound just like Pavement? Regardless of who these guys are ripping off, this album is a winner. Don't know what took me so long to figure that out.

Now I want to go to this:

Mercury Lounge - Sat 5/13 - $10

- 11:30 -
GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY
- 10:30 -
HOCKEY NIGHT
- 9:30 -
PALOMAR

I've heard good things about Ghostland Observatory and Palomar as well.

Listen to Hockey Night at their Myspace, including new songs Dark Trance and Save the Clock Tower (I love that song title)

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger jerry yeti said...

Palomar are great, especailly the album Palomar III... live they are very flat and static....

...which is in direct contrast to Ghostland Observatory who are duo that will rock Mercury down. (a little tongue-in-cheek, if that's your thing).

(PS... you got radiohead tickets? I never got an alert when they went on sale. I guess I'll be aiming in the dark when the rest go tomorrow)

 
At 6/03/2006 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A buddy of mine played me some songs of Hockey Night earlier today. Damned if it didn't sound like some lost Pavement album between "Slanted" and "Crooked Rain". I really enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home