Thursday, August 10, 2006

The North Atlantic



















Lovin' the goodies in the mail. Here's the latest. The North Atlantic. Remind me a little bit of Sparta, older Weezer (sort of), Hundred Reasons, and Brand New, all bands which I treasure. Allmusic thinks they are a bit like The Dismemberment Plan and I hear that too. I dig it. Here's two mp3s:

Scientist Girl

Drunk Under Electrics

You can also listen to/download these two songs and one more song at their Myspace. Here's what the press release says:

The North Atlantic have had a busy summer. The San Diego band have only just released their full length, Wires in The Walls [East/West, We Put Out Records], and already they have been coast to coast with little sign of slowing down. Already dubbed the "loudest band in indie punk" The North Atlantic traffics in a noisy, energetic set that features Jason Hendrix's drunkenly literate character studies and healthy portions of sonic embellishment and texture. Their spastic live show is not to be missed.

Speaking of live shows, they were just here in NYC recently for three, including a record release party at Sin-e, none of which I was at. Good thing they are coming back sooner than later:

Sun 10.01 Brooklyn, NY - North Six w/ Wax on Radio
Tues 10.03 Hoboken, NJ - Maxwell's w/ Wax on Radio

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Battering Room said...

I love it too. Last week, I was listening to it so obsessively that I had to put it down and step away for a little. I'm planning on being at the Northsix show. Can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home