Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pitchforks Top 50 Albums...

...vs. my 40 Favorite albums of 2006. Lets break this down:

None of their Top 10 is in my Top 10.

Only 4 of their Top 20 are in my Top 20.

6 of my Top 10 are not in their Top 50, including my number 1!

27 of my 10-40 are not in their Top Top 50, including Beirut. Very surprised that they snubbed that album.

A grand total of 33 of my 40 are not in their Top 50.

43 of their Top 50 are not in my 40, including 9 of their Top 10.

Albums in their Top 50 that wouldn't be on my Top 1000 list:

The Pipettes - We Are The Pipettes
Cat Power - The Greatest
Be Your Own Pet - Be Your Own Pet
Joanna Newsom - Ys

Albums in their Top 50 that I have given more time since making my 40, that I now feel would be in my list if I expanded it:

Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Peter Bjorn And John - Writer's Block

While on the subject of albums that I would add to my year end list, here are a bunch more that should definitely be on it:

Sure Juror - Smut (Fucking. Awesome.)
Amusement Parks on Fire - Out of the Angels
The Rapture - Pieces of the People We Love
East River Pipe - What Are You On
Beat Radio - The Great Big Sea
Cornelius - Sensuous (I hesitated to put it on mine, because it has only been released in Japan, But I've seen it on so many other lists now, I think it should also be on mine. This is going to be one of those albums that will make 2007 lists tricky.)
Darc Mind - Symptomatic of a Great Ill (Same deal as above. The whole 'it being 10 years old thing' threw me off.)
Johan - THX JHN (Post about this coming soon)
Mahogany - Connectivity
Professor Murder - Professor Murder Rides The Subway (My #6 fav EP of 2006. 1-5 here.)
The Changes - Today Is Tonight

To summarize, I'll say this - Not a fan of P-forks list. Incase you haven't seen it, it's here.

5 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a job! ;)
And I finally bought Cat Power yesterday

 
At 12/19/2006 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is out of angeles out now? I had no clue! sh!t.

 
At 12/19/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Battering Room said...

I don't think it's been released in the US yet. Same deal with that album as with Sensuous. Keep seeing it on other lists. It's quite good.

 
At 12/20/2006 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DCeiver`s not so much into pfork either ...

 
At 12/21/2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, must be payola for cat power. was even on NPR's top 10, wtf? i dont get it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home