Wednesday, March 07, 2007

WOXY - SXSW Update

The lineup:

WOXY.COM @ SXSW 2007 -- confirmed sessions (times listed EST)
Mon March 12 -- The Early Tapes @ Noon, She, Sir @ 6pm
Tues March 13 -- Peel @ Noon, Via Audio @ 4pm, The Little Ones @ 6pm
Wed March 14 -- Sara Culler @ Noon, Age Rings @ 2pm, 120 Days @ 4pm, Land Of Talk @ 6pm
Thurs March 15 -- Snowden @ Noon, Calla @ 4pm, The Rumble Strips @ 6pm
Fri March 16 -- WOXY.COM/lala/Noise Pop day party @ Emo's Annex, feat. Bob Mould, The Little Ones, The Broken West, Alexi Murdoch, Aqueduct, and Snowden, with host Zack Galifinakis. (streamed live from 1-7pm EST)
Sat March 17 -- Foals @ Noon, 65DaysOfStatic @ 2pm, Cloud Cult @ 4pm, The Manhattan Love Suicides @ 6pm


Cloud Cult! Land of Talk!

Just a note though, I'm not as immediately impressed with their showcase this year as I was with their showcase back in '05. The Frames, The National, Giant Drag, Feist, Earlimart, The Cribs, Nicolai Dunger....that was an incredible show. I remember racing from work to home to continue listening/wishing I was there. However, I have a feeling that I am going to end up eating my words on this one, and will end up loving every one of this year's sets too.

Sidenote - have you been enjoying the Noise Pop archives as much as I have??? Looking forward to hearing that Midlake performance.


Previously:

WOXY - SXSW, Noise Pop, David Vandervelde

1 Comments:

At 3/07/2007 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Now you got me all nervous - I hope you'll like my show! ;o)
Thanks for mentioning me in the post :O)
Sincerely,
Sara Culler

*******************************
www.myspace.com/aboutsaraculler
http://saraculler.webblogg.se

 

Post a Comment

<< Home