Monday, April 09, 2007

Georgia On My Mind

This is what I missed a legendary LCD show for. It was worth it. I should note that a bunch of these pics were taken by Jules too.



Classic Spanish Moss



Alligator #1. This one was "only" about 4 feet long. Saw him while walking down a path in the middle of the woods, behind this neat old amphitheater. Unfortunately, no pics of the theater, which reminded me of the ERMP site.



Not a bad setting for a wedding.



Night Oaks.



One of the girls in our group said "The Gah Pig?" That was one of the funniest moments of the trip.



Lunch at this place was beyond delicious. It reminded me of that joint in Fried Green Tomatoes. Their food haunts me.




Driftwood Beach:




This beach was amazing. Sensory overload. The sand was hard enough for us to bike down it. The following pics were taken mid-ride.







The Morgan indoor tennis court. The first ever made. Yes, that Morgan.



The clubhouse. A good portion of The Legend of Bagger Vance was filmed there.



Rockefeller's winter house.

I've been getting a lot of "you're fucking nuts" comments for the following pics. Alligator #2:



2 Comments:

At 4/10/2007 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get married in Georgia?

 
At 4/11/2007 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to 4give me bc I'm so v slow at things like this... that is Georgia the state in the US of A?? I never knew it looked like THAT!! That looks like a tropical paradise... except for those crocks swimming in the river. Imagine one of those snapping at your arse when you go in for a morning swim!!

I found your blog randomly with a click of that "next blog" button at the top bar. I do one too but it's very different to yours, more my kind of Secret Diary Online ... you're most welcome to pay me a visit. Take it EZ
Gleds
("Gledwood Vol 2" ... gledwood2.blogspot)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home