Friday, April 06, 2007

Deerhunter @ Sound Fix - Thurs April 26

Even though it is miserably cold out today, I can feel summertime rapidly approaching with all the summer concert announcements that have been popping up all of a sudden (more on that soon). This news is what I have been especially looking forward to. Via Sound Fix:

When:

Thurs, April 26, 2007 7:00 PM

Where:

Sound Fix Records
110 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn

What:

The cafe will still not officially be open yet, but we will give everyone a sneak peek at what's ahead when we open for one night to welcome
Deerhunter, one of 2007's most popular new bands, for a special in-store performance. The band offers up a ferocious mix of dosed-electronic wash somewhere between My Bloody Valentine and Brian Eno and a neo-punk-garage-indie-wiggle nestled amongst The Faints’ snottiness and the Velvet Underground’s simplicity and cyclical pulse.

I don't know much about Deerhunter, but I've heard lots of good things and it seems like a great way to get the cafe pumping again. I wonder if they have fixed the AC in there yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home