Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Hero Cycle


I want to spotlight another band that are playing at Trash this Sat March 24, The Hero Cycle. The band is from Burlington, VT and their Myspace says that they sound like "Broken Social Scene meets Built To Spill". I don't know about the Built To Spill comparison, but I DEFINITELY hear the BSS. Just got their debut EP, Lakes and Ponds and I've been listening to it nonstop all day today and yesterday. I definitely see this being one of my favorite EPs of 2007. You can listen to it in it's entirely at their website and then buy it there too.



In addition to the show at Trash this weekend, they will also be at my home away from home, Matchless, on Sat May 12 w/ Boy Genius, Kite Operations. They are also looking for a NYC date on Sun May 6. Hey bookers, get 'em quick before someone else does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home