Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One down, two to go.

Show one of the Born Ruffians trifecta is in the books. According to the band, who said this many times throughout, it was their "best NYC show ever." Clearly the Vampire Weekend set is starting to catch on to this band, because the place was packed with the same sort of singalong to every song crowd that go to all of their shows, which is not a bad thing. In fact, it probably means that these guys are on the cusp of a major breakout. Good for them. Also, the fille to garcon ratio was very favorable. Reminded me of a road trip to Geneseo, if you know what I mean.

I should probably end my pursuit of the trifecta, because it will be hard to top last night's show, but they did not play Piecing It Together, the song with my favorite guitar riff of '06, so I will forge on!

BTW - I swear that Square Wave Sean moonlights as the bass player for the Ruffians. Either that or dude is his fucking doppelganger.

AND - Plants and Animals were also VERY VERY VERY GOOD. And I wussed out again. Was going to yell out "Where's Meg?", but didn't. Pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home