Friday, December 22, 2006

Reminder - Subinev's Holiday Party - Tonight

Awesome. Mussels as robots. I love it:



It's happening tonight!

The Subinev.com Holiday Party
Doors 7:30, show at 8pm.
$7 cover
Union Hall - 702 Union St in Park Slope, Brooklyn
R train to Union Street, walk uphill one block, just past 5th ave.
Tim Williams (8pm)
Alina Simone (9pm)
Mussels (10pm)
El Jezel (11pm)
DJs Empty Homes (of Morning Theft) and Misdemeanor Piston before, between, and after the bands.
Mistletoe, anyone?
We'll have some cool giveaways at the show as well - thanks to Union Hall, Daytrotter.com, the Deli Magazine, Dovecote Records, and Serious Business.

Also, I'd like to announce a contest! I know, I never do contests. Well, here goes...

As you might have noticed, I've done
49 drawings of bands as robots this year. I wanted to do something special for band #50, so I thought I'd open it up to my readers. Send in (either in comments or email) your suggestion for a band to get the robot treatment - your favorite band, your own band, the band you think will be huge in '07, etc - just take a look at the list of bands I've already done in the dropdown to the right to make sure your suggestion isn't on there. I'll pick one of your suggestions (probably by an open vote) and I'll draw the band and send you a nice fancy print of it.

Lots more info on the show and the bands here.


Previously

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home