Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Refinery29 - Winter Playlist

Refinery29 just sent over this exceptionally good mix. Download away!

PJ Harvey "The Devil"
Band of Horses "No One's Gonna Love You"
Grizzly Bear "He Hit Me"
Radiohead "Reckoner"
Luke Temple "Saturday People"
Vampire Weekend "Oxford Comma"
Beirut "Nantes"
Spoon "Finer Feelings"
Cadence Weapon "Oliver Square"
Roisin Murphy "Overpowered"
Yeasayer "Sunrise"
Burial "Archangel"

More info on the songs and links to buy @ Refinery29.

I'm slowly becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Band of Horses. Saw them for the first time @ Blender during CMJ and thought they were great. It's taken me a while to warm to them, but they have just about completely won me over. That Grizzly Bear song was one of my favorites from when I saw them @ their Wordless show. That one, and the unnamed new one that they ended their set with, which is still rattling in my brain. I feel that GB's next album could be their OK Computer. Glad that we finally got an explanation about Reckoner yesterday. One of my favorites from In Rainbows. I like that Beirut song, but their EP is where it's at in '07. Luke Temple's people have been hammering me with PR, but I'm not sure if his sound is my thing. It's interesting enough, but I don't know. Took me long enough to get into Sufjan, and even him I'm not totally enamored with.

3 Comments:

At 11/20/2007 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song for vampire weekend isn't Oxford Comma -it's a different one. So sad - I was excited to see Vampire weekend on the list!

 
At 11/20/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Battering Room said...

Fixed

 
At 11/20/2007 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i´ve just found your playlist via elbo while searching for beirut and thank you i´ve found some great songs. very good playlist. by the way, hot chip is missing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home